9.21.2012

Bali Culinary : Dirty Duck Diner


When I was in Bali, I had a great lunch at Dirty Duck Diner. It’s a very nice place to relax and enjoy your leisure time. It has garden with many sculptures and koi ponds. The back view is a paddy field.
paddy field

dirty duck diner statue

flowers and pond
komodo statue

praying monument

As you may know, most of Balinese are Hindus, which means they don’t eat beef. Most of foods are made of pork, chicken, or duck. Me, I don’t eat red meat, including pork (some people said that pork isn’t red meat – it’s pink), shark, or whale. I prefer fish but chicken is great too.
chicken pelalah

So I ordered this Chicken Pelalah and Mixed Rice in Dirty Duck Style. Seems like Chicken Pelalah is very spicy with red sauce all over the chicken and I rate the spiciness with 7. And for the Mixed Rice, it was delicious too after I put sambal (chili sauce) on it. They serve with 3 kinds of sambals : raw, salty, and oily. All of those sambals are taste so good.
mixed rice a la dirty duck

With those foods, I ordered two drinks. Lime juice which was so fresh and sour (didn’t put much sugar to it). And this ice lemon honey lemon grass soda tasted so perfect that day.
lime juice and ice lemon honey lemon grass

No comments:

Post a Comment